About the Authors
Allon Lefever is president of Lefever Associates, a consulting firm based in Lancaster, Pennsylvania. He currently performs executive and entrepreneurship coaching with a specialty in mergers and acquisition, strategic planning, and board development work. He is also president of A Better Hospitality Company, an owner and operator of hotels.
After graduating magna cum laude from Millersville State College and earning a Master’s in Economics from Penn State University, he started his corporate career in 1980 with Victor F. Weaver, Inc. Within seven years of joining the company, he assumed overall responsibility for the operations division. When Weaver was sold to Holly Farms, he resigned and joined High Industries, where he served as senior manager for a number of years and helped revenue grow from $200 million to $400 million.
While he was at High Industries, his son, Rod, suggested that they start one of the first Internet Service Providers (ISP) in southeast Pennsylvania in 1993. Getting in on the ground floor in the Internet world eventually led to merging with other regional ISPs that were eventually purchased by EarthLink in 2001.
After leaving the tech industry in his mid-fifties, Allon moved into education and became the executive director of the Goshen Family Business Program at Goshen University in Goshen, Indianan as well as an associate professor in the Business department. After two years in Goshen, he was hired by Eastern Mennonite University in Harrisonburg, Virginia, to direct the school’s Master of Business Administration program.
After leaving the education field in 2008, Allon has remained active in a variety of entrepreneurial efforts as well as running a successful consulting business.
He has been married to Doris for more than fifty years, and they are the parents of three adult children—Rod, Jeff, and Debra—and ten wonderful grandchildren. They continue to live in their hometown of Lancaster, Pennsylvania.
His website is www.lefeverassociates.net.
Mike Yorkey is Allon’s collaborator. A veteran author or co-author of more one hundred books with more than 2 million copies in print, he has collaborated with:
• Joe Sweeney, a Milwaukee investment banker, in two books: Networking Is a Contact Sport and Moving the Needle.
• Juanelle Teague in The Zig Ziglar Difference.
• Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis Jr. of the ‘60s music group The Fifth Dimension in Up, Up, and Away
• ex-NFL wife Cyndy Feasel in After the Cheering Stops, about how Cyndy’s husband, Seattle Seahawk Grant Feasel, developed CTE after his playing days were over
• paralyzed Rutgers’ defensive tackle Eric LeGrand in Believe: My Faith and the Tackle That Changed My Life
• Chicago Cubs’ Ben Zobrist and his wife, Julianna, a Christian music artist, in Double Play
• Cleveland Browns quarterback Colt McCoy and his father, Brad, in Growing Up Colt
• San Francisco Giants pitcher Dave Dravecky in Called Up
• San Diego Chargers placekicker Rolf Benirschke in Alive & Kicking
• tennis star Michael Chang in Holding Serve
Mike is also the co-author of the internationally bestselling Every Man’s Battle series with Steve Arterburn and Fred Stoker. His website is www.mikeyorkey.com.